SOLD: Unheated Ceylon sapphire and diamond ring
Out of stock
I am very taken with the beautiful large unheated sapphire starring in this early to mid 20th century ring.
The blue is vivid and even – and such a lovely shade, typical of Ceylon gems.
Ten white, bright old cut diamonds surround it in an alternating round and scalloped platinum top setting extending to the shoulders.
Millegraining around all the stones adds a subtle sparkle. The mount is stamped for 18-carat yellow gold, and has ornately hand-engraved sides.
There is a lab report for the sapphire stating that it weighs 1.94 carats, is unheated and from Ceylon.
Its colour used to be described as cornflower blue but the term has sadly fallen out of favour nowadays, giving way to more scientific terms. It really does describe the particular hue seen here.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and platinum
• Oval natural mid-deep blue untreated Ceylon sapphire measures 8.0 x 6.8 x 4.3mm, weighs 1.94 carats
• Ten old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.24 carats, graded set as G-H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $17,250
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 1.5cm (more than 1/2 inch) tall
• Weight is 4.9 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the Art Deco and other vintage rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)