SOLD: Diamond cluster engagement ring, circa 1940
Out of stock
I love this big vintage platinum cluster ring set with beautiful old cut diamonds. The centre stone is more than one carat and the surrounding stones are estimated at 1.6 carats.
The pretty setting, handmade in about 1940, forms a fine but sturdy crown that sits low on the finger.
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to find old rings like this, with well-matched stones that are white, bright and lively.
I’d urge you to watch the video of it to appreciate its beauty, as a single picture can never reveal the true nature of diamonds. It’s important to see how they interact with light moving over them, how they look from every angle.
Interestingly, while the centre stone is a transitional cut, the surrounding ones are old cuts. This was quite common around this time, possibly during the war, when new jewellery could not be made but a customer might have older pieces refashioned using stones they already owned.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Early round brilliant cut diamond at centre estimated at 1.08 carats, graded set as H-I/piqué 1
• Eight old European cut diamond around centre stone estimated to total 1.68 carats, graded set as H-J/SI1 & SI2
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $23,250
• Size approximately 6 or L 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 4 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other antique and vintage rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)