SOLD: Arts and Crafts amethyst silver brooch, circa 1930
Out of stock
The Arts and Crafts movement had a small but devoted following in Australia.
Here’s a beautifully worked brooch featuring a central amethyst surrounded by sterling silver leaves and berries.
It was probably made by a collective called Art Kraft who had a shop in Sydney – and it could have been made as late as the 1940s.
The skill involved in creating the intricate design is superior to most comparable examples from the period.
I love the perky bow that holds a drop with the same fine work before joining the bottom pendant.
It’s a generous size, too, at 5cm – or 2 inches – long.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in sterling silver
• Approximately 5cm (2 inches) long, 3.6cm (just under 1 1/2 inches)
• Weight is 8.2 grams
• In excellent vintage condition: there are a few natural inclusions in the stone
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the marcasite earrings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)