Victorian round locket in 15-carat yellow gold, with inscription for 1856
1 in stock
Don’t you love it when you open a jewel and find a surprise inside?
This lovely, small 15-carat yellow gold locket appears to have been made about 1900, when a new appreciation for unadorned surfaces – anticipating modernism – became fashionable.
But the interior inscription places it firmly at 1856, as it’s a mourning locket, commemorating a young woman called Minnie who died at the age of 39.
It’s in wonderful condition for its age, and there is provision for a photo on the other side.
Beautifully made, it has a thick rounded edge and a concealed hinge.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Approximately 1.9cm (3/4 inch) in diameter
• Weight is 5.4 grams
• In excellent antique condition: there’s a tiny pinprick-sized mark on one side
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)