Victorian opal and diamond cluster ring, from about 1900
1 in stock
Here’s a classic late Victorian opal and diamond cluster ring.
The mood here is Georgian Revival, with pavé-set diamonds closely surrounding the opals.
The scrolling tri-part shoulders are also borrowed from late Georgian design.
The accent diamonds are single cuts – they weren’t available to the Georgians, who would have used tiny rose cuts instead.
Single cuts are a brighter alternative, and soon became the shape of choice in stones too small for a full brilliant cut.
The opals are predominately blue and pink and, like many of their kind, really come alive in low light.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold with a silver top
• Set with six oval cabochon cut natural crystal opals
• Old round cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.07 carats, graded set as H/VS
• 30 old single cut diamonds around petalled border estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $8,000
• Size approximately 7 1/2 or O 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 14.3mm (just over 1/2 inch) in diameter
• Weight is 3.4 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the antique diamond halo ring is for sale separately (the three-stone ring has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)