SOLD: Victorian gold guard chain, 58 inches, circa 1890
Out of stock
The distinctive links on this appealing late Victorian nine-carat gold guard chain were the deciding factor for me to buy it.
It’s an English pattern I’ve owned a number of times over the years. Fine round circles at right angles to the main links are joined to form an oval interlink.
The resulting texture is an interesting variation on the classic belcher link. It also makes the links less likely to kink when doubled over.
The colour is a lovely rich hue, mainly yellow but with rose gold highlights where the yellow gilding has rubbed off with gentle wear. The condition remains near new.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat gold
• Approximately 58 inches (148cm) long, the link is 3mm wide
• Weight is 30.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)