Georgian Revival flat cut garnet drop necklace, from about 1900
1 in stock
This very pretty antique garnet drop necklace follows a classic design going back to antiquity. A circle of round or oval stones surrounds the neck, suspending teardrop-shaped pendants.
Here we have flat cut red garnets with purplish pink overtones shining brightly in a nine-carat rose gold setting.
Dating from about 1900 – and identical in style to some late Georgian necklaces circa 1830 – this is an example of Georgian Revival jewellery.
The construction is slightly heavier than in earlier examples – though the difference is subtle.
Although the length is quite short, at just over 14 inches, I am happy to add a complimentary gold chain extension at either side of the clasp, a fully reversible process that won’t affect the value.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat gold
• Set with 30 oval cut and 11 pear-shaped garnets
• Approximately 36cm (just over 14 inches) long
• Weight is 20.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)