Victorian five-stone diamond carved half hoop ring, from about 1890
1 in stock
Here’s an appealing late Victorian five-stone diamond ring.
It features approximately 1.2 carats of good quality old cut diamonds in one of my favourite designs, a carved half hoop, where the thick gold sides of the setting have been carved by an engraver into a scrolled design.
An important element here is the pronounced arch to the setting. This looks far more attractive on the finger than examples with a flatter top profile.
The diamonds are tapered in size and are secured by split claws – giving fineness and strength simultaneously.
The stones are set quite deeply into the substantial gold surround, making this a ring suitable for careful daily use.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Set with five old European and old mine cut diamonds
• Diamond at centre estimated at 0.50 carats, graded set as H-I/SI2
• Two old diamonds around central stone estimated to total 0.60 carats, graded set as H-I/SI2 & piqué 1
• Two diamonds at sides estimated to total 0.20 carats, graded set as H-I/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $8,750
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)