Victorian emerald and diamond carved half hoop ring, from about 1890
1 in stock
A vibrant Colombian emerald nestles between two beautiful old European cut diamonds in this stunning late Victorian carved half hoop ring.
The vivid emerald weighs just over a carat, and each lively diamond just under a carat.
Bigger and more beautiful than most, it proved hard to capture its essence on an iPhone.
Some of you will know that this antique English style is one of my favourite ring settings.
Sitting low on the finger, the gleaming yellow gold scrolled sides and shoulders provide a substantial setting without heaviness.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Squarish cushion-shaped natural Colombian emerald measuring 6.70 x 6.42 x 3.69mm estimated at 1.07 carats
• Two old European brilliant cut diamonds estimated to total 1.80 carats, graded set as I-J/VS2 & G-H/P1
• Four old single cut diamonds estimated to total 0.04 carats, graded set as H/SI1
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $30,000
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 18.9mm (just under 3/4 inch) wide, 7.5mm (1/3 inch) tall
• Weight is 4.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition: there is very slight wear on sides
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique jewellery is for sale separately – please get in touch if you like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)