Victorian banded agate earrings, from about 1880
1 in stock
Earrings featuring an unembellished polished round bead above a torpedo-shaped drop were the height of fashion in the late 19th century.
Materials used included banded agates, as here – with coral, moonstone, carnelian and piqué all popular choices as well.
This lovely pair has many bands of colour in the honey to dark brown range, as well as white.
One drop is more translucent than the other, a charming natural variation, and one top bead is fractionally larger, though not so much that it’s noticeable unless they are closely scrutinised side by side.
The fittings are made of a sturdy gauge of nine-carat rose gold.
At just under two inches, not counting the ear hooks, they are a wonderful length, too.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat yellow gold
• Set with four banded agates
• Approximately 4.9cm (almost 2 inches) long, not including ear wires
• Weight is 12.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the antique banded agate beads are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)