You’d go a long way to find a finer antique gold watch chain than this high-carat example offering a striking twist on the sought-after fetter and knot link design.
So it’s particularly gratifying that this one is Australian in origin – it was handcrafted in about 1890 by the well-regarded Sydney jeweller and watchmaker Thomas M Alcock, who had a shop just along the road from me in George Street.
This 17 inch-long chain has matching original antique dog clips marked 15ct – another pleasing detail – and tips the scales at a substantial 47.2 grams.
Albert chains, and especially quality examples like this in a rich, buttery gold with a fancy, long trombone link, are in demand among a new generation of antique jewellery collectors.
I’m delighted to have it in my stock.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Approximately 17 inches (43cm) long, link is 7mm (just over 1/4 inch) wide
• Weight is 47.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.