Ruby and diamond three-stone ring with 1.52-carat centre stone, from the 1990s
1 in stock
A quality large ruby from Burma sits between two accent diamonds in this vintage white gold ring.
The ruby is from the Mong Hsu region, a noted source of good stones. This area was opened for mining in about 1992.
The mount is made of 18-carat white gold, has a fine claw setting, and sits low on the finger.
Its chromium that gives rubies their wonderful red hue. But the presence of this element can also cause structural faults that mar their appearance.
This means that, unlike sapphires – another variety of the corundum mineral family – rubies of this size and quality are difficult to find.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Crafted in 18-carat white gold
• Oval natural Burmese (Mong Hsu) ruby measures 8.6 x 6.8 x 2.5mm, estimated at 1.52 carats
• Two old mine cut diamonds estimated to total 0.32 carats, graded set as H/P1 and K/P1
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $10,000
• Size approximately 5 3/4 or L, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 3.2 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately (some have sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)