Ruby and diamond square cluster ring in gold and platinum, from about 1940
1 in stock
A stunning unheated cushion cut ruby is the star of this yellow gold and platinum diamond-set ring from about 1940.
The ruby is clear and bright with an intense hue. Its square shape is continued in the diamond surround and completed by the diamond-set shoulders.
The warmth of the 18-carat old gold complements the ruby beautifully, too. The platinum top setting is not read by the eye. Its purpose is to retain the white hue of the diamond surround.
This would make a beautiful vintage engagement or dress ring.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold with a platinum top setting
• Cushion shape mixed cut 4.77 x 4.43 x 2.65mm bright natural unheated ruby estimated at 0.54 carats
• 10 semi modern round brilliant cut diamonds set around central stone, estimated to total 0.50 carats, graded set as G-I/VS-piqué
• Two round brilliant cut diamonds on shoulders estimated to total 0.05 carats, graded set as G-I/VS-piqué
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $6,000
• Size approximately 9 or R 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 9.1mm tall
• Weight is 2.6 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)