SOLD: Lightning Ridge black opal ring, hand engraved, circa 1920
Out of stock
I feel privileged to own – and offer for sale – this stunning Lightning Ridge black opal ring made in about 1920.
It features really intense moving green spots on a bright blue ground, with flashes of yellow on the sides. The pattern reminds me of confetti or stars – there are fireworks happening all over the stone.
It’s wonderful from whatever angle you look at it. The nine-carat rose gold mount – handcrafted and skilfully engraved on the sides – would have been made in Australia.
It is becoming increasingly hard to find opals of this quality and size.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in nine-carat rose gold, with mark
• Oval cabochon cut natural solid Australian black opal shows a bright green on blue with a yellow blocky pattern, measures 15.6 x 9.6 x 5.5mm, estimated to weigh 4.75 carats
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $8,750
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 16.5mm tall, 10.4mm wide
• Weight is 2.9 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)