Gold mirror locket, with ruby and diamond roses, from about 1920
1 in stock
Here’s a large gold diamond and ruby mirror locket from about 1920, with minimal decoration but great impact.
The hexagonal shape for lockets combined with a very flat construction had a brief moment of popularity at this time.
The matte gold finish combines beautifully with the three tiny ruby and rose cut diamond flowers and the central larger rose cut diamond. The back features an elaborately engraved initial G.
There’s an identifying mark on the attached ring, too tiny to make out, but these were often Austrian or French, and the fact that this one is 14-carat gold means it’s probably Austrian.
An ingenious locking device at the base keeps this jewel firmly closed when it is not being used as a mirror. And there’s room for a photo on the other side, with the original frame still in place.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 14-carat yellow gold, with an 18-carat gold bale
• Set with three round cut natural rubies and seven rose cut diamonds
• Approximately 4.8cm (almost 2 inches) without top loop, 3.8cm (1 1/2 inches) wide
• Weight is 21.7 grams
• In very good antique condition: there’s some oxidation to the edges of the mirror and a few minor dents on the back – these small flaws do not show when worn
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)