Eighteen-carat yellow gold signet ring, hallmarked Birmingham 1928
1 in stock
Antique and vintage signet rings have enjoyed a revival in recent years, partly as a result of the Instagrammers who showcase all their wonderful and varied examples.
This smart 18-carat English one from 1928 could be worn by a man or woman. It’s substantial but the dished, tapered shoulders lend the design lightness and distinction.
The motto “Post curam otium” loosely translates as “after work rest”, or “ease after care”. The hand-engraved symbols above it are the rod of Asclepius – widely associated with healing and medicine – a flaming torch and a seashell.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Hand engraved with a coat of arms featuring a shell, a torch and a rod of Asclepius, and inscribed “POST.CURAM.OTIUM”,
• Size approximately 10 1/2 or U 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 11.7mm (just under 1/2 inch) tall
• Weight is 9 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the antique diamond rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)