This nine-carat rose gold English gate-link bracelet with a 1904 hallmarked padlock would have been the height of fashion when it was made.
I like the simple brick pattern here, with the short links giving a fluid, pared-down design.
Heart-shaped padlocks were traditional clasps for bracelets. As well as being practical, they symbolise captured affection.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat rose gold
• Approximately 7 inches (18cm) in wearable length, link is 7mm (just under 1/3 inch) wide
• Weight is 11.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other antique bracelets are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.