Early Victorian vinaigrette in 18-carat gold, from about 1850
1 in stock
This charming early Victorian gold vinaigrette is a rarity.
Shaped as a satchel, the illusory flapped top lifts to reveal a protective hinged panel. This lifts yet again to reveal the final pierced grille, under which a perfumed sponge or cotton wad was placed – to lessen the foul smells of everyday life in bygone days.
The outside has well-designed and executed engraving on all faces, and all components are unworn and near pristine.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Approximately 2.3cm long, 1.5cm wide, 0.5cm deep
• Weight is 5.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other antique jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)