Early Art Deco diamond and ruby bracelet, from about 1915
1 in stock
This pretty early Art Deco ruby and diamond bracelet from about 1915 contains lingering elements of the preceding Edwardian era.
Traditionally handcrafted from 18-carat gold, a fine top laminate of platinum has superseded the old heavy silver top setting used in previous times.
Small calibre cut coloured stones set beside tiny rose cut diamonds often feature, as here.
Contrasting colours and geometric forms were a feature of early Art Deco jewels, and the newly invented synthetic rubies and sapphires with perfect colour matching were embraced by jewellers seeking a clean, sharp design.
This example has reached the heights of delicacy that gold can afford. It’s worth scrolling through the pics to look at the back setting to really appreciate this.
The overall colours are red and white, with just a hint of warmth from the gold base complementing the rubies.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and platinum
• Five early round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.20 carats, graded set as H-I/SI
• 50 old rose cut diamonds estimated to total 0.34 carats, graded set as H-I/SI & piqué
• Also set with diamond chips and tiny synthetic rubies
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $13,250
• Just under 8 inches (20cm) long, 13mm (1/2 inch) at widest point
• Weight is 12.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the Art Deco diamond ring is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)