SOLD: Diamond and emerald cluster ring, circa 1940
Out of stock
I love the reverse setting for this cluster ring, which puts the diamond in the centre and has the emeralds forming a halo of petals around it. The brilliant-cut diamond is just over half a carat and sparkles white in its intense green surround.
Only a fine jeweller could produce such a delicate yet strong handmade setting. The ring is crafted in platinum, the go-to metal for jewellers in the first half of the 20th century. Before then silver was the only precious white metal available. You can use far less metal to get the same strength in platinum.
The sides show the same delicacy and skill, with a finely pierced gallery.
And the ring sits very low on the finger. This is highly practical for emeralds and is a look I love in a jewel from the early 20th century.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Round brilliant cut diamond approximately 0.53 carats, graded set as J/pique 1
• Ten round-cut deep green natural emeralds totalling approximately 0.50 carats
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $6,750
• Size approximately 7 3/4 or P, but easily resized free of charge
• Cluster approximately 11mm wide
• In excellent vintage condition
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)