Australian Lightning Ridge black opal, five carats, oval cabochon cut solid loose stone
1 in stock
Five carats of fire and rainbows live within this stunning Lightning Ridge black opal.
A deep rolling flash of red to orange dominates. But there are lots of other fireworks across the spectrum too.
I took great pains to get a realistic valuation for this beauty. Very few people are knowledgeable enough, even here in Sydney, to assess top stones like this.
The retail valuation is 33,000 Australian dollars – about 24,000 USD. Yes, this is a serious stone!
I did buy it very well, though, and am delighted that I can offer it for sale for 18,000 AUD – the wholesale price my gem lab gave me.
It’s the most beautiful and valuable example I’ve ever been lucky enough to own.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Oval high cabochon cut Australian black opal, described in Gem Studies Laboratory Opal Authentication Report AA 63873 as 5.00 carats, 13.57 x 10.90 x 6.14mm, mined in Lightning Ridge, and showing a bright full spectral range with a large red/orange rolling flash
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $33,000
• In excellent condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)