SOLD IN STORE: Art Deco sapphire and diamond ring in white gold and platinum, circa 1930
1 in stock
If you’re looking for a period ring with a good, unheated sapphire as the hero, this might appeal to you.
A pretty, four-lobed single cut diamond surround has a tapered baguette in each shoulder. The setting is low to the finger, a hallmark of early 20th century jewellery.
It’s handcrafted in 18-carat white gold and has a platinum top setting. High-carat white gold came into use in the 1920s. This ring is from around then, or maybe 10 years or so later.
Single cut diamonds, used as small accent stones, are another indication that it is from the early 20th century.
It would make a lovely vintage engagement ring or dress ring.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat white gold and platinum
• Oval natural royal blue untreated sapphire measures 7.1 x 5.8 x 3.7mm, estimated at 1.37 carats
• 18 single cut diamonds estimated to total 0.18 carats, graded set as G/VS
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $5,450
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 12mm (nearly 1/2 inch) tall
• Weight is 2.7 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other ring is for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)