Art Deco sapphire and diamond ring in white gold and platinum, Birmingham 1925
Here’s an Art Deco ring made from diamonds and a contrasting precious gem – natural sapphire, in this example.
The 1925 hallmark is interesting because not many hallmarked rings were made during this time. Possibly this was because bands were very narrow, so there was simply a lack of space. And platinum hallmarking appears to be all but non-existent beyond a simple stamp.
With so many reproductions around it’s reassuring to see this guarantee of age.
The platinum top provides a superfine finish. The sapphires have not been heat treated.
This is a jewel that could be worn carefully every day, unlike some of my more delicate rings.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat white gold and platinum
• Centre stone is square-cut natural royal blue untreated sapphire estimated at 0.66 carats
• Four scissor-cut natural blue untreated sapphires on the shoulders estimated to total 0.30 carats
• 20 old European semi-modern round brilliant cut diamonds on plaque estimated to total 1.28 carats, graded set as G-H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $11,250
• Size approximately 5 1/2 or K 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Ring face is 16.5mm tall, 11.9mm wide (not including shoulder sapphires)
• Weight is 4.2 grams
• In excellent vintage condition: there is a minor abrasion to the main stone apparent under loupe
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)