SOLD: Art Deco sapphire and diamond ring, circa 1930
Out of stock
This very pretty ring from 1930 features an unheated vibrant sapphire surrounded by a pierced platinum plaque with early modern cut brilliant diamonds.
It is engraved for July 12th 1930 – exactly 90 years ago today! (I had no idea before I decided to list it, then closely read the inscription.)
The millegrain settings surrounding the stones add delicacy, and the small shoulder diamonds are a lovely finishing touch.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum, with inscription on band for 12/7/30
• Oval deep blue natural untreated sapphire estimated at 0.50 carats
• Ten early modern round brilliant cut diamonds (eight on the rectangular cushion-shaped plaque, two on the shoulders) estimated to total 0.36 carats, graded set as G-H/VS-SI
• Two single cut diamonds on shoulders estimated to total 0.02 carats, graded set as H/VS
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $7,500
• Size approximately 6 3/4 or N, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.7 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique and vintage rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)