SOLD: Art Deco sapphire and diamond bow ring, circa 1940
Out of stock
How sweet is this sapphire and diamond Art Deco bow tie ring? I love the across-the-finger orientation, too.
It’s typical of the period, with its strong colour contrast and straight lines. But it’s very feminine as well, with the scalloped millegrain diamond borders.
The low setting is typical of rings from the first half of the 20th century. This one was handmade around 1940 using 18-carat yellow gold with a platinum top setting.
The gold band is fine and plain, again typical of early 20th century rings. All the emphasis is on the arrangement of the stones, from a time when jewellers made their mounts as near to invisible as possible.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and platinum
• Two tapered rectangular step-cut and channel-set deep blue natural sapphires estimated to total 1 carat
• Central round brilliant cut diamond and 20 single-cut diamonds estimated to total 0.40 carats, graded set as H/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $4,750
• Size approximately 8 1/2 or Q 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring measures approximately 1.57cm (0.62 inches) from sapphire to sapphire
• Weight is 2.8 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)