Art Deco emerald and diamond ring in platinum, from about 1925
1 in stock
Here’s a pleasing Art Deco emerald and diamond halo ring. It’s typical of the interwar years.
Finely handmade in platinum, it sits low on the finger. This is always a plus for emeralds.
Being more brittle than diamonds, sapphires and rubies, these glowing green gems can chip and must be worn with care. (It’s for this reason I don’t generally recommend emerald rings to the couples who come into my shop seeking an antique or vintage engagement ring.)
The cut of the main stone is a true emerald cut: an octagon. Often their angles are not so pronounced, resulting in a more rectangular shape with cut-off corners.
The millegrain setting adds a refined finish to this French hallmarked beauty.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Octagonal deep green natural emerald measures 7.1 x 6.1 x 2.3mm, estimated at 0.80 carats
• 12 semi-modern round brilliant cut diamonds estimated to total 0.85 carats, graded set as H/SI-piqué
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $11,250
• Size approximately 4 3/4 or J, but easily resized free of charge
• Height of ring face is 15.8mm
• Weight is 3.6 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately (some have sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)