Art Deco diamond solitaire engagement ring, from about 1930
1 in stock
This style of Art Deco engagement ring, a round old brilliant diamond in a square bezel with small accent stones geometrically arranged on the shoulders, was immensely popular between the two world wars and just afterwards.
I have a particular fondness for this style of ring – my parents became engaged in 1945, and my mother’s ring was very similar.
Here the central stone is a lovely half-carat chunky white old European cut, with six rose cut diamonds in square settings tapering to the band.
The setting, 18-carat yellow gold with a white gold top, works with all other yellow or white precious metals, as it is quite fine and allows the diamonds to dominate.
Despite this fineness, the ring is solidly handmade, making it robust enough for careful everyday wear.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and 18-carat white gold
• Old European cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.52 carats, graded set as H/VSI
• Six old rose cut diamonds on shoulders estimated to total 0.06 carats, graded set as G-H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $9,750
• Size approximately 61/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.3 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other Art Deco ring is for sale separately (the five-stone baguette diamond ring has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)