ON HOLD: Art Deco diamond ring with diamond shoulders, in platinum, from about 1940
1 in stock
Please don’t buy this as it’s now on hold!
Are you looking for an Art Deco engagement ring? This handcrafted platinum one features a round brilliant cut diamond in a square setting.
The small round shoulder diamonds are set in a straight line, and the under structure reveals pierced trapezoids. It’s all very geometric, as is typical of the time.
This was probably made in the 1940s, given the use of a modern brilliant cut and the simple pared-down design.
The shoulders have been given a soft outline and there is a good curve to the underrail. Details like this are so important in how good a ring looks when its worn.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Round brilliant cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.63 carats, graded set as J-K/VS1
• Four round single cut diamonds on shoulders estimated to total 0.12 carats, graded set as G-H/VS—SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $9,000
• Size approximately O or 7 1/4, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 5.6mm tall
• Weight is 3.5 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other vintage engagement ring is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)