Here’s a pair of elegant rock crystal, diamond and onyx cufflinks from the 1920s.
Black and white was a favourite twenties jewellery combination. These are early Art Deco, but with the fineness seen in Edwardian pieces.
The rock crystal has a matte finish, giving it a pleasing opacity. Without this, the back settings – fashioned in 18-carat gold – would be visible too.
The top setting is platinum and the gold is not seen, so the links’ appearance is all black and white.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in platinum and 18-carat yellow gold
• Links are rock crystal, set with onyx and diamonds
• Each face is approximately 1/2 an inch (1.2cm) in diameter
• Weight is 6.2 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.