Art Deco diamond, onyx and pearl earrings, from the 1920s
1 in stock
Tassels are a favourite in jewellery design, and the 1920s saw them at their height of popularity.
Here they are in that quintessential twenties combination of black and white – diamonds, onyx, pearls and platinum.
It’s wonderful that the original tops and joining pearls have survived intact.
The lower section, with the double dome divided by a diamond band, is reminiscent of passementerie – akin to the cord on a bulbous silk tassel hanging from a drawer key or curtain tie.
Fine workmanship features throughout, with minute spacing between each line of exquisitely millegrained stones.
The diamonds are full early brilliant cuts, despite the small size of all but the two major stones, and all the onyx are multifaceted too.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in platinum and 14-carat white gold
• Two larger early round brilliant cut diamonds at top estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as G-H/VS & SI
• 104 early round brilliant cut diamonds estimated to total 1.64 carts, graded set as G-H/VS & SI
• 36 faceted black onyx pieces
• Near round silvery white pearls measure 2.5mm to 2.7mm
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $22,500
• Approximately 6cm (nearly 2 1/2 inches) long, 9.5mm (just over 1/3 inch) at widest point
• Weight is 12.1 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the Art Deco diamond and onyx rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)