Art Deco diamond and sapphire ring in platinum, from about 1930
1 in stock
Here’s a superb handmade Art Deco platinum ring, with diamonds and a contrasting precious gem – in this case sapphire.
The scissor-cut sapphires are typical of the period (though beware of good-quality reproductions, which use them too).
I love the finely hand-engraved shoulders. These are not stamped decorations, as one often finds on white gold examples from the era. Even the fine edges of the mount are engraved.
The proportions of this ring are quite lovely too, with a pleasing balance between height and width.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Semi modern round brilliant cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.22 carats, graded set at H/VS
• 28 old round brilliant cut diamonds in dome and on shoulders estimated to total 0.64 carats, graded set as G-H/VS & SI
• 12 scissor cut natural blue sapphires estimated to total 0.48 carats
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $10,750
• Size approximately 5 3/4 or L, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 17mm tall, 18mm wide from diamond to diamond
• Weight is 4 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
- I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)