Art Deco diamond and ruby ring in platinum, from about 1925
1 in stock
This finely early Art Deco diamond and ruby ring has been handmade in platinum. It’s from the 1920s when jewellers still displayed the most extraordinary, painstaking skill in working platinum to almost spiderweb delicacy – as shown by the underside as well as the top of this lovely ring. (I like the “lucky 88” in the under-rail, by the way.)
The square shapes and the calibre cut rubies put it in the Art Deco period.
The rubies are synthetic. This is common for the era – it was done to achieve a bright consistency, difficult with natural stones. Interestingly, human-made rubies were at the time just as expensive as those that had been dug from the earth. So it made no difference to the value then, nor does it now – so long as the stones are small like this.
The ring sits very low on the finger, which means it won’t be so easily knocked – an advantage given the delicate styles of this period.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Centre round old mine cut diamond estimated at 0.25 carats, graded set as H/SI2
• 26 rose cut and old single cut round diamonds estimated to total 0.37 carats, graded set at H-I/SI-piqué
• 20 old carré cut synthetic rubies
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $12,500
• Size approximately 5 3/4 or L, but easily resized free of charge
• Ring face is approximately 15mm square
• Weight is 4.4 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)