Art Deco diamond and onyx plaque ring in platinum from about 1925
1 in stock
The 1920s were a crossroad in jewellery design. Strong geometric designs were combined with the exquisite craft of the preceding centuries.
Platinum was the conduit, allowing strength and delicacy to coexist in the same piece.
The details – including the fine understructure and the millegraining –place this ring firmly in its time.
And black and white were the colours of the day. So daring, so strong – so not Edwardian.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Two large round brilliant cut diamonds at centre estimated to total 0.76 carats, graded set as G-H/VS2 & SI2
• Six single cut diamonds set around central diamonds estimated to total 0.03 carats, graded set as G-H/VS & SI
• 30 single cut diamonds in outer border estimated to total O.45 carats, graded set as G-H/VS & SI
• 14 specially cut 2.5 x 1.3mm rectangular onyx form the black border
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $14,000
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring 16.2mm tall, 12.9mm wide
• Weight is 1.9 grams
• In excellent vintage condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately (some have sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)