Art Deco diamond and emerald ring in yellow gold, 1920s centre with new band
1 in stock
This fine diamond and emerald ring from the early Art Deco period is a restoration from a brooch.
It started out life as a ring. Sometime in its history it was made into a brooch with mismatched elements, which you can see if you scroll through.
I like to think I have rescued it and restored it to its former glory.
The beautiful old European cut diamond has been graded and assessed as 1.29 carats, G-H, VS1. It has a small cutlet and is very lively.
The vibrant green emeralds are tapered baguettes. Far more skill is needed to cut and set these than if they had parallel sides.
I collaborated with master jeweller Gerard Wollaston – he’s six floors up from me in Sydney’s Dymocks Building – to do the job.
Thankfully the whole head was undamaged. And Gerard managed to keep it that way.
We decided to complete it with a very simple band, in keeping with the period. The knife-edge setting is almost invisible from above, but it’s deep and therefore robust.
Gerard analysed the gold in the ring and made an exact match of the alloys so the old colour and the new are identical, making the join invisible.
The original ring was probably made in about 1920. The fine top setting around the diamond is silver rather than platinum, marking it as it an early example from the Art Deco period.
I love the warmth of the gold with the emeralds. Jewellers often choose to combine them as they make such perfect partners.
Sometimes an emerald and diamond ring in a white gold or platinum ring will have a yellow gold setting around the emeralds for this very reason.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 14-carat yellow gold and sterling silver
• Old European cut diamond estimated to weigh 1.29 carats, graded set as G-H/VS1
• 15 rectangular tapered step cut natural emeralds estimated to total 0.30 carats
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $28,500
• Size approximately 5 3/4 or L, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring approximately 9.9mm wide
• Weight is 3.1 grams
• In excellent condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other antique, Art Deco and vintage rings are for sale separately (some have sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)