SOLD: Victorian yellow and rose gold locket with natural pearls, circa 1880
Out of stock
American Etruscan Revival jewellery has a different appearance to its English counterparts.
Lockets often feature this modified shield shape, and the applied contrasting rose gold studs are a further strong geometric feature I’ve only seen in American pieces.
The filigree loops around the trefoil-shaped base. This motif is echoed in the pearl trefoil top.
It’s so good that the original top loop has survived. The back is deeply dished, perhaps to contain a locket of hair under a loved one’s picture.
This is quite large at 6cm – just over 2 1/4 inches – high.
While it would work well with many chains, or a velvet choker, I think it looks perfect paired with an American chain from the same period.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 14-carat yellow and rose golds
• Set with three natural pearls
• Approximately 6cm (more than 2 1/4 inches) long, 3cm (more than 1 inch) wide
• Weight is 20.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)