Antique Victorian Whitby jet earrings, from about 1875
1 in stock
Jet jewellery is quintessentially Victorian. It was the most commonly used material in mourning jewellery during the second part of the 19th century.
Good jet earrings are as hard to find as any other stylish Victorian examples. So I was excited to find three pairs recently.
This pair is my favourite – and they cost me the most.
I love their large size, the contrast between the shiny and matte finishes, the deep scallops on the outer hoops, and the movement of the articulated sections.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in carved Whitby jet with silver hooks
• Approximately 5.1cm (two inches) long not including hooks, 2.1cm at widest point
• Weight is 6.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition, with replacement hooks
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other Whitby jet jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)