SOLD: Victorian Whitby jet earrings, circa 1875
Out of stock
Jet jewellery is quintessentially Victorian. It was the most commonly used material in mourning jewellery during the second part of the 19th century.
Good jet earrings are as hard to find as any other stylish Victorian examples. So I was excited to find three pairs recently.
This pair is my favourite – and they cost me the most.
I love their large size, the contrast between the shiny and matte finishes, the deep scallops on the outer hoops, and the movement of the articulated sections.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in carved Whitby jet with silver hooks
• Approximately 5.1cm (two inches) long not including hooks, 2.1cm at widest point
• Weight is 6.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition, with replacement hooks
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other Whitby jet jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)