Antique Victorian turquoise and natural pearl brooch, from about 1900
1 in stock
It’s always quietly thrilling to find intact little gems like this. Usually the elements would have been separated by now, after the passage of about 120 years.
The turquoise and pearls gleam as new, complementing the rich yellow gold.
The two turtles have individual pins, which are unusually sturdy and sharp.
Perhaps they were intended to push through fur or thick winter coats. They look like a precursor to the double pins we see on fur clips from the 1940s.
These allow endless variations in the way you can wear this charming piece.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with round natural turquoise cabochons and natural pearls
• Each turtle is approximately 1.8cm (3/4 inch) from head to tail
• Approximately 11.1cm from gold bar to bottom of turtles when the chains aren’t looped
• Weight is 8.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)