SOLD: Victorian seven-stone sapphire and diamond carved half hoop ring, circa 1900
Out of stock
I’m a huge fan of antique carved half hoop rings. They’re ornate and rich but not fussy.
A solid gold mount has its sides literally carved into with a graver by a craftsman who could have spent his whole career doing this one specialised type of work.
It became a hugely popular style in England at the end of the 19th century and remained so well into the 20th. Rings were crafted with countless combinations of gemstones.
This appealing example has richly coloured sapphires, more lively and a bit lighter in hue than most Victorian stones.
The centre sapphire is about a carat – as assessed by GSL, Sydney’s most respected gem lab, for the independent insurance valuation that comes with the ring.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Large oval deep blue natural sapphire at centre estimated at 1.00 carat
• Two smaller oval deep blue natural sapphires estimated to total 0.55 carats
• Four old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.245 carats, graded set as H/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $6,000
• Size approximately 7 or N 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 3.6 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the other antique rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)