SOLD: Victorian sapphire and diamond bangle, circa 1890
Out of stock
The subtle appeal of this late Victorian bangle really spoke to me. The sapphires and diamonds are intense, the gold-work in near-mint condition.
A simple geometric arrangement of the gemstones across the top finishes with a diamond-set trefoil meeting the triple knife-edge gold-banded back. Very fine engraving on the sides adds to the appeal from every angle.
The solid gold bands forming the back make this more practical to wear than some bangles from the 19th century, which have a lightweight sheet of gold forming their back section.
And a wonderful antique box houses it – yes, this one comes with the box! There is no doubt this has helped to preserve its pristine condition over the ages.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Four oval cut deep blue natural sapphires
• 16 round old cut diamonds
• Approximately 6 1/2 inches (16.5cm) internal diameter
• Approximately 7.3mm (nearly 1/3 inch) wide
• Weight is 13.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in the antique box shown
• Note: the other bracelets are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about them (the antique gold locket is not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)