SOLD: Victorian ruby and diamond seven-stone half hoop ring, circa 1900
Out of stock
I am a big fan of gem-set carved half hoop rings, like this lovely 18-carat example from about 1900 with rich red rubies and sparkling white diamonds.
I love the countless variations that exist within this style. In this case, the mount has been hand-carved so that five upside-down hearts reach up on each side to clasp the gems.
This beautiful ring is robust enough to be worn every day, with care.
The rubies are well-matched, a necessity for me. It’s in satisfyingly original, unworn condition too.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Oval mixed cut deep red natural ruby at centre estimated at 0.50 carats
• Two smaller oval mixed cut deep red natural rubies estimated to total 0.50 carats
• Four old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.20 carats, graded set as H-I/VS
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $6,150
• Size approximately 8 or P 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 6mm tall, 17mm from ruby to ruby
• Weight is 3.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately (some have sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)