Antique Victorian ruby and diamond ring, hallmarked Birmingham 1901
1 in stock
Unheated rubies are set in a pretty crossover pattern of diamonds in this 18-carat gold ring hallmarked for 1901, the last year of Victoria’s reign.
The outer rubies have a tapered setting that blends beautifully with the narrowing band.
A crescent of space on both sides of the central cluster introduces lightness, showing a move towards the more open and delicate Edwardian jewels, a look that remained in vogue until the outbreak of war in 1914.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold, hallmarked Birmingham 1901
• Three semi round cut natural unheated Thai rubies estimated to total 0.45 carats
• 14 old single round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.34 carats, graded set as H/SI & piqué
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $5,350
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 8.4mm high
• Weight is 3.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)