Antique Victorian ruby and diamond ring, hallmarked Birmingham 1894
1 in stock
This ring features three bright red unheated rubies surrounded by old cut diamonds in 18-carat gold, and was made in Birmingham in 1894.
It’s a style that enjoyed popularity in England for many years. I have seen similar examples dating up to the start of World War One in 1914.
Some were set with sapphires, or other precious gems. Nine-carat versions were made too – these were more likely to be set with semiprecious stones such as garnets or amethysts.
This would make a lovely dress ring or antique engagement ring.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Three round mixed cut deep red natural unheated rubies estimated to total 0.30 carats
• Eight old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.20 carats, graded set as H-J/VS & SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $5,250
• Size approximately 6 3/4 or N, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 9.1mm tall, 13.8mm from ruby to ruby
• Weight is 2.9 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)