Antique Victorian plaited bangle in rose and yellow gold, from about 1890
1 in stock
Here’s a typical English hinged gold bangle from about 1900, featuring a handmade plaited gold design.
Plaits and knots of gold were the height of fashion in both bracelets and rings at this time.
This example is in nine-carat rose gold, with hand engraved sections in yellow gold alternating with plain polished ones.
At the back are two visible holes. This is not damage; such holes are frequently seen in antique hollow jewellery.
A material such as copper would have been used in the formation stage as a core to wrap the gold around. After completion the piece was heated to allow the copper to melt and escape through these purpose-made holes.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat rose and yellow gold
• Approximately 2 3/8 inches (6cm) in diameter – will fit a 6 1/2-inch wrist
• Front plaited section approximately 12.6mm (1/2 an inch) wide
• Weight is 11.1 grams
• In very good antique condition: it has a slightly flatter shape at the back (not noticeable when worn)
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)