SOLD: Victorian optical illusion ‘magic’ bangle, circa 1890
Out of stock
I never get tired of playing with this optical illusion bangle. It is the same width all the way around – despite appearances.
Called magic bangles in the late 19th century, they are one of those marvellous Victorian oddities that demonstrate the inventiveness of the era.
Rings can also be found in the same vein but, because of their smaller size, the illusion is not so obvious.
This example is handcrafted in 15-carat gold, and the pattern goes all the way around.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Will fit wrist of approximately 6 1/2 inches (16.5cm), internal diameter is just under 7cm, width is 85mm (1/3 inch)
• Weight is 17.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)