Antique Victorian opal and diamond ring in 18-carat gold, from the 1890s
1 in stock
A particularly fiery opal features in this marquise-shaped ring from the 1890s. It show lots of red, pink and orange, along with all colours of the rainbow.
It’s framed by similarly dazzling old cut diamonds, and set in 18-carat yellow gold.
This a late Victorian beauty. There is a pleasing plumpness to all the components which come together in a harmonious whole, typical of the thoughtful artisanship of the time.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Oval high cabochon cut 9.62 x 4.47 x 2.41mm Australian crystal opal estimated at 0.62 carats
• 12 old round cut diamonds of slightly graduated size estimated to total 0.46 carats, graded set as H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $7,350
• Size approximately 5 3/4 or L, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 14.7mm (just over half an inch) tall
• Weight is 3.9 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
• Note: in the group shot the ring on the right is for sale separately (the other has sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)