Antique Victorian opal and diamond ring in 18-carat gold, from about 1900
1 in stock
This turn-of-the-century carved half hoop is set with Australian crystal opals and tiny old cut diamonds in an English 18-carat gold handmade setting.
Australian opals were discovered towards the end of the 19th century. But the Australian colonies were sparsely populated and few people had money, so most opals, including these, went overseas to countries including England and the United States.
Now these opals are back home. I wonder if they will stay here now, or travel around the world again to a new owner?
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Set with five solid Australian crystal opals and eight rose cut diamonds
• Size approximately 6 3/4 or N, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 9mm tall and 22.9mm from opal to opal
• Weight is 5.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other rings are for sale separately (some have sold). Please get in touch if you’d like more information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)