Antique Victorian natural pearl bangle in 15-carat yellow gold, from about 1890
1 in stock
Here we have a lovely half-pearl bangle from about 1890.
Bracelets and bangles narrowed at this time, after the wider examples of previous decades, and half-pearls were a popular choice of gemstone for all types of gold jewellery.
Knife-edge settings, as seen here around the pearls beside the central flower, were fashionable. They lighten a jewel’s appearance by introducing space into the design.
The rich colour of the 15-carat gold, the lustrous natural pearls, the charming design, the condition, and the quality of workmanship all add up to this being a very appealing example of late Victorian English jewellery.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with 27 lustrous, creamy, natural pearls
• Inner diameter just under 6cm (2 1/4 inches); it will fit most wrists, from small to large
• Band width 6mm (1/4 inch)
• Flower is 1/2 inch (14mm) tall
• Weight is 18.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: the antique locket and necklace are not for sale
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)