Antique Victorian large sterling silver locket with engraved flowers, circa 1875
1 in stock
Here’s a wonderful example of a grand sterling silver locket from the mid-Victorian period of about 1875.
It’s identically worked on front and back, and deeper than most lockets – even of this large size.
The inside reveals a rare bonus: a photo of its original owner wearing it! And it’s at the end of the best anchor link chain I’ve ever seen.
She is dressed in her finest clothes, as is the man I’d imagine is her husband on the other side. (He has obviously taken a lot of trouble over his coiffure.)
The original bale completes this piece. It’s in immaculate condition as well.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
• Handmade in sterling silver
• Approximately 6.7cm (just over 2 1/2 inches) long including original bale, 4.1cm (just over 1 1/2 inches) wide
• Weight is 36.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)