This long late Victorian nine-carat gold chain has an appealingly complex belcher link construction.
Every link has two clearly visible inner links set at 90 degrees. This is an unusual feature that would have been extremely labour intensive to create. It adds a rich texture to the surface.
There is no wear to the the heavy, closely packed elements, and when it is doubled or even tripled it doesn’t kink as most long chains would.
The gold is yellow yet in some lights shows pinkish tones discernible in many old chains from this period.
It’s handsome on its own while also heavy enough to hold your weightiest lockets and talismans from the quality dog clip.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat yellow gold
• Approximately 60 inches (1.52 metres) long, link is 3.8mm wide
• Weight is 47.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.