SOLD: Victorian gold guard chain with long and faceted belcher links, circa 1890
Out of stock
Here’s a classic late Victorian nine-carat gold guard chain.
The belcher links are faceted, a nice detail you sometimes see in this type of chain. And the long decorative links add interest and lift it out of the ordinary.
You can still see traces of original yellow gilding on the unexposed parts of the spheres.
The gold itself is neither yellow nor rose, but somewhere between, as so often happens in antique pieces.
Every jeweller had his own mix of alloyed gold. it’s part of the joy of old jewels to find these unique combinations of colours and carats in the gold fabric.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in nine-carat gold
• Approximately 59 inches (1.5 metres) long
• Weight is 25.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)